We hate to disappoint, but we will not be Apple picking this weekend.
We will accommodate mid-week Pick-your-own visitors Monday – Friday only. Our market will continue to be full with Silverman’s own fresh picked apples through December.
Our 20 minute scenic fall foliage tractor rides with a 50 mile view will be running from 9:00AM-4:30PM. Our animal park and other activities will be available as well as our Great Pumpkin Bonanza full with Halloween decor, colorful gourds, squashes, cornstalks and more!
Guidelines For Pick Your Own
- We do request that our visitors abide by our picking rules to help retain as many apples on the trees for all pickers to enjoy.
- Pre purchased bags are required before entering orchard, and backpacks and other carriers are not allowed for fruit picking.
- Do not climb or shake the trees. Limbs break easily, and the fruit will fall and bruise.
- Using one hand to hold the branch, use your forefinger and thumb to gently turn fruit upward till it releases. (Pulling will cause other fruit to fall and destroy flower buds for next year’s crop)
- Many labor intensive hours go into the loving care of our fruit bearing trees. We ask that if you accidentally drop any fruit on the ground to please make every effort to pick that piece of fruit up and place in your picking bag so that no fruit is wasted. If two or three fruits are clustered together, use two hands and gently pick all the fruit in the cluster.
- Fruit varieties mature at different times. Pick only in designated areas or where there is a guide or posted signs.
- Please wear sturdy footwear.
- Be mindful of your cameras, keys, cell phones, etc. as these personal belongings are easily lost.
- Please dispose of refuse in trash receptacles.
- Port-a-potty area is located near the animal farm entrance.
- Due to safety reasons, children under sixteen must be accompanied by an adult. Only Pets certified for handicapped assistance are allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited.
aerial photo by John C. Goble.
Silverman’s Apple Chart
Approximate Harvest Schedule
|Ginger Gold||Early Aug||Sweet||Good||Good||Fair||Good|
|Gala Red||Late Aug||Very Sweet||Superb||Superb||Fair||Good|
|Honey Crisp||Mid Sept||Sweet||Good||Good||Fair||Superb|
|Crimson Crisp||Mid-Late Sept||Sweet||Good||Good||Fair||Good|
|Red Delicious||Late Sept||Sweet||Superb||Superb||Fair||Good|
|Golden Delicious||Late Sept||Sweet||Superb||Superb||Superb||Superb|
|Mutsu Crispin||Early Oct||Slightly Tart||Superb||Superb||Good||Good|
|Autumn Gala||Early Oct||Sweet||Good||Superb||Fair||Good|
|Ida Red||Early-Mid Oct||Tart||Good||Good||Superb||Superb|
|Northern Spy||Early-Mid Oct||Sweet-Tart||Good||Good||Good||Good|
|Red Rome||Mid Oct||Sweet-Tart||Good||Good||Superb||Superb|
|Sun Crisp||Mid Oct||Tangy Sweet||Superb||Superb||Fair||Good|
|Red Winesap||Mid-Late Oct||Sweet||Good||Good||Good||Superb|
|Pink Lady||Early Nov||Tart||Superb||Good||Good||Good|