Raspberry picking is OPEN for the season.
Blueberry picking WILL OPEN Friday July 3rd for the 2020 season! You’ll be able to park right at our field this year. (off Center Road) Just follow the signs and we’ll meet you there!
During our pick-your-own season, we will continue to follow all state guidelines set forth for COVID-19. The health and safety of our visitors is of the utmost importance to us. We ask that adults wear a face covering while berry picking and do their best to help us maintain proper social distancing. We ask that children over the age of 2yrs, who are able to safely wear a mask, do so as well.
Raspberry picking is OPEN for the season. Raspberries will open and close throughout the season. Some times they need a few days to catch up to us 😉 Call ahead for updates.
Blueberry picking is OPEN for the season.
Peaches are not ready. Still cooking! Check back the second or third week of July.
Apples are not ready. We’ll keep you posted!
Guidelines For Pick Your Own
- We do request that our visitors abide by our picking rules to help retain as many apples on the trees for all pickers to enjoy.
- Pre purchased bags are required before entering orchard, and backpacks and other carriers are not allowed for fruit picking.
- Do not climb or shake the trees. Limbs break easily, and the fruit will fall and bruise.
- Using one hand to hold the branch, use your forefinger and thumb to gently turn fruit upward till it releases. (Pulling will cause other fruit to fall and destroy flower buds for next year’s crop)
- Many labor intensive hours go into the loving care of our fruit bearing trees. We ask that if you accidentally drop any fruit on the ground to please make every effort to pick that piece of fruit up and place in your picking bag so that no fruit is wasted. If two or three fruits are clustered together, use two hands and gently pick all the fruit in the cluster.
- Fruit varieties mature at different times. Pick only in designated areas or where there is a guide or posted signs.
- Please wear sturdy footwear.
- Be mindful of your cameras, keys, cell phones, etc. as these personal belongings are easily lost.
- Please dispose of refuse in trash receptacles.
- Port-a-potty area is located near the animal farm entrance.
- Due to safety reasons, children under sixteen must be accompanied by an adult. Only Pets certified for handicapped assistance are allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited.
aerial photo by John C. Goble.
Silverman’s Apple Chart
Approximate Harvest Schedule
|Ginger Gold||Early Aug||Sweet||Good||Good||Fair||Good|
|Gala Red||Late Aug||Very Sweet||Superb||Superb||Fair||Good|
|Honey Crisp||Mid Sept||Sweet||Good||Good||Fair||Superb|
|Crimson Crisp||Mid-Late Sept||Sweet||Good||Good||Fair||Good|
|Red Delicious||Late Sept||Sweet||Superb||Superb||Fair||Good|
|Golden Delicious||Late Sept||Sweet||Superb||Superb||Superb||Superb|
|Mutsu Crispin||Early Oct||Slightly Tart||Superb||Superb||Good||Good|
|Autumn Gala||Early Oct||Sweet||Good||Superb||Fair||Good|
|Ida Red||Early-Mid Oct||Tart||Good||Good||Superb||Superb|
|Northern Spy||Early-Mid Oct||Sweet-Tart||Good||Good||Good||Good|
|Red Rome||Mid Oct||Sweet-Tart||Good||Good||Superb||Superb|
|Sun Crisp||Mid Oct||Tangy Sweet||Superb||Superb||Fair||Good|
|Red Winesap||Mid-Late Oct||Sweet||Good||Good||Good||Superb|
|Pink Lady||Early Nov||Tart||Superb||Good||Good||Good|